Privacy is one of the key distinctive feature of SimplePDF - you may have noticed that there is no cookie banner: that's because we don't use any third-party services to track you.
Read on if you are interested in knowing more about what we do to protect your privacy.
What data is not collected
Everything that can happen on your computer / mobile device will happen on your computer / mobile device.
- The document(s) you load from your computer / mobile device are loaded locally: the document does not get sent to the server
- The final document is generated locally: the document generation happens on your computer / mobile device
- The data you enter / fill in is not sent to the server: it remains on your computer / mobile device
What data is collected
- Anonymized events triggered by your usage of SimplePDF: loading a PDF, editing a PDF...
Third party services collecting your data
How will we use your data?
- To allow you to log into your account (if you decide to create one)
- Improve the product using the events generated by your usage of SimplePDF: otherwise we would not know what works and what does not
How do we store your data?
The data sent to our server is securily stored in a database located in Europe (Frankfurt) and only accessible by whitelisted IP addresses. There are no passwords stored in the database as the login mechanism relies on email addresses and single-time access tokens only.
What are your data protection rights?
SimplePDF would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access - You have the right to request SimplePDF for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that SimplePDF correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request SimplePDF to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure — You have the right to request that SimplePDF erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that SimplePDF restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to SimplePDF's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that SimplePDF transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: gdpr@simplePDF.eu
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use SimplePDF
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: privacy@simplePDF.eu